Chocolate City Music recording artist, Ckay is a year older today! The ”Love Nwantiti” Crooner has been on the music scene for over 5 years and he keeps waxing ever stronger.
To celebrate him on this memorable day, Here are 10 noteworthy things about the Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer.
1. Ckay, real name Chukwuka Ekeani , is a producer/artiste signed under Chocolate City Music.
2. He is an indigene of Anambra State but was born in Kaduna to to Dr. & Mrs. Ekweani.
3.Ckay found his love for music at 7 through his father who was a choir coordinator at the church.
4.He began producing & writing music at age 13.
5. In 2014, Ckay relocated to Lagos and began working with Chocolate City Music as a production intern in early 2015.
6. Later in the same year he got signed to Loopy Music which later merged with Chocolate City when MI became the C.E.O.
7. He made his production debut with “Third Mainland Bridge” which featured MI & Moti Cakes on the TICBN vol. 1 album.
He was also featured by MI on “The box” with Pryse-Illegal Music 3.
8. In August 2016, Ckay was officially signed as an artist with Chocolate City music. His first official single titled ‘Nkechi Turn Up’ was also released in the same year.
9. Ckay has achieved many notable works worthy of mentions, his 2018 single, “Container” received massive acceptance from listeners. His other notable songs includes“Love Nwantiti“, “Gaddemit”, “Chinekeme”, “Last Call” and “Gmail” featuring DMW rapper, Dremo.
10. Over the years, he has worked with top industry leading acts like, MI, Dremo, Moti Cakes, Dice Ailes, Pryse, MI, Ice Prince, Koker, Blaqbonez, Barry Jhay, BOJ and other artistes.