Make or break
No matter how many different outfits do you have, sometimes it all may seem boring and dull. So, what can you do about that? Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. Accessorizing can make any outfit look fresh and exciting. It’s easy to ruin an otherwise stunning outfit by choosing the wrong accessories. However, on the other side, it’s easy to make an ordinary outfit look like a knock-out with the right accessories. So, it is true that accessorizes can make or break any clothing combination. With the proper accessorizes you can wear one outfit in a lot of different ways. For example, you can wear a work appropriate dress to a clubbing event if you add some bold necklace.
Your basic accessorize
- Jewelry – The basic accessorize for every girl is of course contained in her very own jewelry box. Even a simple chain necklace or pair of hoop earrings can change the feeling of an outfit. Look for pieces with intricate bead work, a pop of color, sparkly crystals, or interesting shapes to add eye-catching detail to otherwise ordinary outfits.
- Bags – Almost every girl has a bag obsession, and who can blame her? A bag can add a pop of style to just about any outfit. Whether you pick a purse that’s oversized, crosses your body, or falls somewhere in between, there are a ton of options out there that are both pretty and practical. There are so many choices that it’s easy to find something that complements whatever you’re wearing.
- Belts – Belts can make wonders for otherwise boring outfit. Add a wide belt over a puffy dress, or use a brightly colored belt over a black cardigan and white tank to add interest to the outfit and emphasize your curves.
- Scarves – If you follow the fashion trends, you must know that scarves are no longer just for winter. Scarves are great for adding an unexpected pop of color, or introducing a different texture to your outfit. You can play around with patterns, draping, and styling to create a look that’s unique and put-together.
- Besides these accessorize masters, you can experiment with hats, eyeglasses, hair ornaments, hosiery and socks.
Provide a focal point
When picking a focal point, consider what is the first thing that you want people to notice about you? Depending on where it is you can use accessories to define your focal points. Accessorizes can accentuate a specific part of your body or detract from it. For example, if you want your face to be the focal point then you’ll want to wear earrings, a necklace or a scarf to bring attention to it. If it’s your legs, then be sure to wear a colorful pair of shoes or leggings.
Make a normal outfit special
The very essence of accessorizing is about making an ordinary outfit look extraordinary. For example, you can use long necklace to create long vertical lines that will make you look taller and leaner. Make a rock ‘n’ roll outfit from an ordinary dress by simply adding long chained necklace. Accessorizing can improve any combination. When heading for a beach, consider combining a big feminine hat with your one piece swimwear, and you’ll instantly have that Hollywood sophisticated style.
Change the feel of an outfit
Accessories can completely change the feel of the outfit. It can actually change the purpose of the outfit. With the right accessories you can rock out a summer dress during the winter. For example, you can add a cardigan or a leather jacket combined with a belt and make totally different clothing combination. Scarves can do wonders on changing a combination from every day outfit to an elegant evening outfit, or to a work appropriate style. And that is the magical thing about accessories.
So go ahead, sail into the magical land of accessories. Experiment, play and have fun, but first of all, stay true to your own style. Happy accessorizing!