Remember when the story broke out a few weeks ago about single and unmarried people under 40 going to Dubai? This was made to curb prostitution we hear.
If you need a reminder see the details of the restrictions below
- Single ladies/men travelling alone should be 40 years old and above.
- Married women travelling with children should be above 40 years old.
- Ladies/men who are less than 40 years old will be allowed to travel if accompanied by someone who is above 40 and bears the same surname with them
All visa applications are subject to approval. Once applied, full charges are applicable.
- In order to clear a file from the system, a cancellation charge of AED 110 will be applicable should a request be rejected by the immigration department.
- For Moroccans, Algerians, Libyans, Mauritanians and Tunisians nationality, minimum age requirement is 40 to apply for a visa.
- For other nationalities, the minimum age requirement to apply for a visa is 21 for men and 23 for women.
Well it turns out that in fact it wasn’t a hoax, and is very true.
The founder of hotels booking website, hotels.ng just tweeted that he saw some people get removed from his flight for breaking one of the above laws.
Just saw them remove four passengers to Dubai because they were below 40. So the announcement was actually true.
— Mark Essien (@markessien) March 20, 2015