It’s that time of the year when everyone is going shopping. The shops are coming with various types of offers in the name of Sales, Discounts and Black Friday. Online shops are not helping matters with their continuous ads on social media, radio and billboards. To top it all off, your friends have turned into fashion marketers with continuous changing of display pictures on bbm showing various cute shoes and dresses for sale.
The good news is that you can now rejuvenate your existing wardrobe by spicing it up with these D-I-Y fashion tips below and save some valuable money this Christmas season.
- STUDS AND SPIKES
Louboutin has made Spikes and studs shoes really trendy, you can now create your own unique and custom designs and look swank.
- Choose a comfortable design/ pattern
- For the studs, use very little adhesive and hold the studs firmly in place.
- For the Spikes , press the prongs of the spikes into the fabric or leather and use pliers to press the prongs firmly in place. Screwed studs are also an option.
- COLORED SOLES
There is always a pair of black shoes that you have worn over and over again. You are probably getting tired of it but you know it still looks good. You can make it look cool again by painting the soles of the shoes.
- Clean the sole with alcohol
- Prime the sole using white acrylic paint(white nail polish)
- Allow it to dry for about 20 minutes
- Apply 2 coats of red acrylic paint (Red nail polish) or other colours
- RIPPED DENIM
Your denim is the only type of cloth you can wear torn and still look sane. An old pair of jeans is the best for this experiment.
- Distress the knees and other parts of the jeans you wish to rip by using an abrasive tool such as sandpaper to give it that washed look.
- Use a knife or a pair scissors to cut it to style and loosen the fabrics for a better effect
- Some drops of bleach will not be a bad idea.
Stars are meant to shine right? To shine like a star, one can glitterize an old black pumps and step out in style with glitters.
- Clean the item with alcohol and cover all parts of the item you do not wish to glitterize
- Mix a modge podge glue with the glitters and apply as many coats as appropriate on the shoe or fashion item you are working on using a paintbrush till you get the desired results.
- Allow to dry and apply a coat of modge podge glue only to hold all the layers of glitters firmly.
Written by Ayo Alloh [@Kingceiver]