Nigeria’s Super Eagles have another date with Lionel Messi’s Argentina in the FIFA World Cup taking place in Brazil next June, and it’ll cap the 3rd time Nigeria will be drawn with Argentina is the group stages of the World Cup. The previous time being 1994 (USA) and 2010 (South Africa)
The are joined in the group by tournament debutants, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Iran.
Defending champions Spain will begin their defense of the World Cup with a rematch of the 2010 final against the Netherlands in Salvador on June 12, and are joined in the group by Chile and Australia.
England find themselves in Group D along with Uruguay, Costa Rica and Italy.
Germany and Portugal were drawn together in a testing Group G that also included Ghana and the United States. The two European nations will meet in their first match in Salvador on June 16.
THE DRAW IN FULL
- Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon
- Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia
- Group C: Colombia, Greece, Cote d’Ivoire, Japan
- Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
- Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
- Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria
- Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA
- Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic