So a few days ago, we received an email alleging that Davido and his crew had been arrested in Hungary while on their European tour, and were charged with carrying & spending fake currency.
Today we have received word from Davido’s management that this is totally false, and Davido was never arrested for carrying fake currency or for any other charges. Davido has also taken to twitter to deny the rumors that such ever occurred.
“Omo Baba Olowo” can never be found with fake cash. Please verify the rumours before spreading..the balling continues in Paris. Legoo!
— Davido (@iam_Davido) June 27, 2013
Here is the press statement from Davido’s camp:
Official Press Release
It has come to our notice that some unscrupulous rumour peddlers have chosen to malign Davido’s hard work ethic and reputation.
Davido has been on his European tour for a few weeks and landed in Budapest, Hungary on Friday June 21 for his Budapest stop. He was met with what is perhaps the worst case of unprofessionalism from a promoter in his career as a touring artiste. The promoter in this case is known as Mr Frank of BLACK DIAMOND ENTERTAINMENT. To the dismay of his management, the agreements on Davido’s ryder were not met despite assurances written and verbal that everything was set. Please note the following facts:
- Against their agreement, Davido and his management were given a one bedroom suite to house them during their stay in Budapest.
- The promoter had issues with the venue for the show. Up until the night of the performance, the venue had not been paid for and Davido’s management were informed that he might not be able to perform on the stage. This was finally sorted a few minutes to the show.
- When it was finally time to perform, the promoter had not arranged for sound and Davido only managed the situation and decided to perform because of his fans that had paid to attend the concert.
- A fight broke out at the club and the promoters did not arrange any form of security for Davido, it was the intervention of the venue security guards that ensured that he got back to his hotel room in safety.
- Davido and his management did not receive any direct payments from the said promoter. Infact the promoter is yet to pay up in full Davido’s performance fees as agreed.
- Davido and his management team catered to their every need while in Budapest from their personal funds
Davido’s management wishes to state distinctly and clearly that Davido was not at any point arrested in Budapest, Hungary. He is currently in Paris, France where he is set to perform on the 28th and the 29th of June.
And for those interested, here is the original rumor sent out to multiple media houses including ours.
Davido is making headlines again! And this time, it’s for using fake Euro notes in Budapest.
The singer with not much vocal enhancement but yet causes emotional high for his unexceptional composition or music as its best said, Davido is currently on his said Schengen/European tour and on the 23 of June, he was arrested in a club in Budapest with his brother, Adewale Adeleke aka ChairmanHKN and his dull ass manager, Kamal Ajiboye, they got nabbed over fake currency after they had gone to a club and paid for their drinks with fake euro notes.
Davido had his 10-minute concert on the 21st which enraged his fans after he decided to pull a Rihanna by showing up late and performed estimatedly about 5am. The show organizer, Nigerian-born but based in Budapest also a business man, Osariemen Ekiudoko Frank got extremely angry and this lead to his refusal to pay up the balance as agreed for the show, leaving the OmoBabaLowo brat and his wagon best called crew stranded in Budapest.
All efforts to have them out of Budapest were abortive as they wanted to escape to Paris, to wait for the next concert scheduled for the 28th of June. On getting to the airport, they missed their flight and had to spend another night in Budapest where they went to party all night with fake euro notes and were arrested by Hungarian police.
While in the slammer (police custody), Adewale Adeleke told the cops that the fake currency notes were given to them as payment by the show organizers in Turin – Italy and not Switerland and written by some bloggers as I was able to find the posters of the said event on facebook and the event was organized by one Donko Consult and another Stunt Ent (indeed they successfully did a stunt on the hkn dum-asses).
Their release became viable with the effort of Mr. Osariemen (Same Promoter), and the Hungarian girls that went out with them, who had informed the police that he is a musician.
Davido and his dum-ass crew were released around 2am on the 23rd and they were able to fly out of Budapest to Paris.
Dear David, you were a mistake and your days are numbered.
ITS YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN (Junkies)