Fashion Power, a TV reality show/extraordinary fashion event is set to unveil the newest talents in fashion.
The fashion industry in West Africa has evolved over the past two decades to become highly eventful, exciting, fun and rewarding. Significant features of the growth stages are the emergence of brands/labels of designs, development and grooming of professional models and the injection of a ‘new business approach’ towards the management of the sector.
Industry stakeholders have observed that a huge pool of talent, ideas and resources are abound, simply waiting to be tapped to evolve what has till now been simply considered as a basic source of livelihood, into a sophisticated modern and world class industry .
Fashion Power, the showcase of style and elegance bears the dual format of a 13 series Television Reality Show and an extraordinary Fashion Event with all the glitz and glamour witnessed in an international fashion festival. It will Feature budding fashion designers between the ages of 18 and 35. The underlying tasks would be to use various African fabrics to churn out designs, blend them with other influences, inject their own ideas and explore their creativity fully to produce clothes for various situations, occasions and personalities.
It is a 13 episode reality series scheduled for broadcast on VIA SAT 1 in Ghana and selected networks in Nigeria. Several designers will be invited to the auditions in Ghana and Nigeria. The auditions and short listing process will eventually select 12 contestants, 6 each from Ghana and Nigeria.
The contestants will then be housed in Ghana. The show will follow their training, tasks, development, challenges and triumphs. Weekly tasks will seek to project themes selected by various fashion industry stakeholders/professionals. The process continues until the final (13th) week which unveils a major ‘red carpet’ fashion event as the grand finale to be held in Lagos!
The ultimate winner gets:
- $ 30,000.00
- mentorship with renowned fashion designers/labels
- media exposure: editorials features in three magazines across the world
- Featured prominently on the fashion power website with opportunity to sell clothing on same
- Sponsorship to participate in three international fashion weeks
- Plus one year free PR consulting to help build the designer’s brand as the next big fashion icon
The JUDGES: The lead judge, Milan based and Ghanaian born Menaye Donkor a model/actress, entrepreneur and philanthropist will be supported by Nigerian born Faith History, the Creative Director/ Producer/ Host of ‘Rollin with Faith History’ a programme that features global African Fashion, based in South Africa.
Some celebrities and representatives of international fashion labels/brands would grace the show as guest judges.
Fashion Power seeks to:
- Create a distinct brand image for Fashion in West Africa.
- Develop gradually a major platform to showcase creativity in fashion design.
- Create new exposure for budding fashion designers in the sub region
- Assemble all stakeholders in the industry and set the tone for them to explore opportunities for growth.
- Celebrate West African creativity in fashion design and provide a highly entertaining event.
Fashion Power is currently inviting all designers to register to contest by downloading the registration forms from the website:www.fashionpowerafrica.com
And to join the auditions at Headlines Hospitality in Labone Accra close to VIA SAT 1 on Saturday 24th March 2012 from 8:00 am to 5.00 pm. In Nigeria the audition will be held at the Golden Tulip Festac, Lagos –Amuwo Odofin, Mile 2 on Tuesday the 27th March 2012, from 8.00am to 5.00pm.
Fashion Power is a registered Media Channels Concept.