MINK Makeup Agency and Makeup School provided all of the makeup seen on the catwalk at this year’s Africa Fashion Week London (AFWL) event.
MINK partnered with ELLIS FAAS, who provided most of the makeup used at the show. ELLIS FAAS is an award-winning brand of make-up products created by Dutch-born make-up artist to the stars Ellis Faas, who Vogue Paris called “one of the most influential make-up artists of her generation”.
AFWL is an annual event involving two days of free fashion festivities, an extravagant fusion of African, culture, fashion, style and music. Celebrating London’s unique and diverse culture heritage, topped with flamboyant mixing of Western and African culture through fashion. Accordingly the make-up looks also needed to showcase a mix of Western and African culture.
Makeup Look 1
Models where showcased with muted earthy tones
- Models were cleansed and toned using Simple products
- Skin was then moisturized using Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate
- Ellis Faas Skin Veil foundation was applied on the face and neck
- Ellis Faas concealer was followed as required e.g. under the eyes and on any blemishes
- Neutral colour shadow was applied to the eye lid from lash to crease
- Brown/chocolate eye shadow was applied to crease and to top and bottom lash lines
- Ellis Faas eye lights was applied to brow bone
- Lashes were lined with Ellis Faas liquid liner
- False eyelash strips were then applied to the top lash line using duo glue
- Cheeks where contoured using MACs Definitive blusher in the hollows of the cheeks and topped up with a brick red blush
- Cheeks and the centre of the face where highlighted using a shimmery powder for example IMAN bronzer, Belle Pierre pigments etc.
- For lips a mixture of glosses and lip stains, including Ellis Faas L302, where applied for a kissable pout
Makeup Look 2
A modern twist on the afrocentric look including facial adornments
- Black eye shadow was applied to eye lid from lash to crease
- Golden highlighter was applied to brow bone, cheekbones, bridge of nose and chin
- Top and bottom lashes were lined with black eye pencil and liquid liner and winged out
- Black lipstick/paint was applied to the lips
- Eye brows were darkened using gel liner in black
- Ellis Faas concealer was applied around the eyebrows and the lips to create a clean line and to intensify the colour. Concealer was also applied where required
- Translucent powder was applied to face and neck
- Swarovski crystals were then strategically applied around the eyes and around the face for a dazzling effect using eye lash glue
The MINK brand is synonymous with high quality make-up services for women of colour. As the UKs leading makeup authority for women of colour is comes as no surprise that the company were chosen to provide the backstage make-up services for the upcoming Africa Fashion Week London (AFWL) Event.
For more information and pictures please contact:
MINK Artist Management & Makeup School:
T: +44 (0) 20 8452 1133
M: + 44 (0) 7958 064731